Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Buddha help me...

Write an essay that explains why you've been intrigued by an idea, concept, or theory you have encountered. This idea can come from either a traditional academic discipline - such as history, science, philosophy, or mathematics - or from fields such as film, engineering, art, or politics.

Walau..damn cheem can??? What's a muggle like me to do.

Intrigued? What am I intrigued by?

I'll tell you what!!!

1. Platform heels - oohhh lovely!! I love love love. Skyhigh and sexy :P

2. Shorts and skirts - air my legs. Counter dreadful heat from the sun

3. Bib necklaces! AHHHHHH

4. Nail art *sheds a tear*

5. Boring, cheap clothes that gets plenty of styling, and then look like they're worth a million bucks

6. Healthy hair (not what I have. wuwuwu)

7. Independence and confidence - In everybody. It's a big difference from bossy

8. Muiltilinguism. I'm mono. Hmph!!! >:( How do these people catch up so fast anyway. I'm always translating in my head. Even in english, I have to translate from Lynlanguage to spoken, standard, comprehensible, English. What more translating from English to Swahili

9. Creativity and diversity - in the mind. Man. Obama is a genius. Economists too. Revolutionist too!!! How do this people come out with new ideas about businesses, the greater good civilization, stuff like that?? I'm too immature for all those. I'm always going with the flow. Why am I always stuck with the same traditions/practices? Why can't I break free like these guys do?

10. Artists - Painters, poets, photographers. Again, the creativity thing. But in a more intangible way. How do these people find beauty in the most common, mediocre, even uglist things? How do they capture the emotions that make us human? I can only ponder and go gaga over their genius. But if you ask me to draw a picture of my life, it would just be some random splashes of paint that its aesthetics would be inclined towards the convention. Just another ordinary canvas painting. I am not capable of producing miracles.

It's amazing how I started out with all bimbotic issues but then branch into something meaningful. hehehehe *grins to self*

11. Evolution - Survival of the species, Darwin.. Amazing how creatures change over time to adapt. You know, when Lynwritestoomuch, I have this bulging hard lump on my middle finger of my writing hand. Is this part of adapting? Like we press too hard against the finger, so hard layers form to protect it? Or maybe it's just like a..err..disease.. that is the product of too-much-of-a-something....Man. This is so hard to explain. I'll reread it and rewrite it some other time.

12. Is there really a God? A grand creator of all that is existing? Have you (rhetorical/monologue) watched Avatar? The blue Pandora peepol believe in the flow of energy. Somehow, I find it quite similar to karma. It goes with you, afterlife, incarnation, whatever you call it. But these all flows in a circle, don't you think? So how it all begun? Say we all started from a single cell, and develop into more complex organims. So the single cell had karma??? What did it do? It does not even think! How is it then deserving to develop into more 'on top of the food chain' creatures???

13. So capitalism leads to greed, enough bubbles are burst, bank fails, therefore, capitalism fails. Well, not fail, maybe it isn't just the best. We need restructuring of banks and corporations. But I'm not in the place to put my 2-cents-worth because I really don't know anything. I just know, like any other layman, that capitalism and democracy isn't perfect. Nor is communism. Then what? I guess it's moral suasion. But sometimes it's out of control. Like we have to exploit Hatians by giving meagre wages so that to keep cost low and that people will consume, the key for the economy. So capitalism feeds the full, but left most hungry as well. Now what? No idea. Help us, Obama, Hu Jintao, Lee Kuan Yew, Najib, hahahahhaha {this point sounds very familiar. very GP-ish =/}

I can't think of any deeee... I'll continue this brainstorming tomorrow :D

First day of meeting tomorrow! I hope they're nice *crosses fingers*